Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 280 - Recovery and More great food and company!

The house still woke up early today - I don't know how everyone did it! By 6am I was hearing footsteps upstairs and the very definite grinding of coffee beans. Our little family was pooped after Saturday and we didn't even stay out as late as some others did. We, the little Diva and I, wandered upstairs and hung out with an equally sleepy Granny and Grandpa. The little Diva was definitely the one with the most energy.

We had a yummy big breakfast and I was super distraught that I missed out on the tomato sauce today (A big pot of cooked up tomatoes, salt and pepper that is AWESOME with eggs and toast). The tomatoes all came from my Granny's garden and the flavour was AMAZING!

We had a tea party for my cousin L's 20th birthday this afternoon. Her real birthday is on Monday but several family members had to leave today because they had work tomorrow.

This evening we set out to go see my friend R and her hubby B! R and I were roommates while we were students and have some pretty entertaining stories to tell. They are expecting their first little one in December and so really enjoyed having a "test-toddler" hanging out. It was pretty entertaining. Of course the little Diva would chose this evening to run into the corner of their dinner table. She cried and our poor friends started not liking their table so much. A few well placed corner protectors with rectify the situation!

B cooked an amazing meal and if I wasn't scared of becoming a sumo-wrestler I probably could have helped R eat the entire giant Costco pumpkin pie they got for dessert!!

No comments:

Post a Comment