Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day 286 - All hail the KALE!

Right so you may be wondering about my slightly ridiculous title today. Well, I am proud to say that I have FINALLY cooked with kale! Yup, it's taken a while but I spotted a recipe in Today's Parent magazine and figured, "Hmmm that sounds yummy and also isn't kale some kind of super-food or something?" and so I cooked it! Yay vitamins and fibre and all that jazz.

The recipe was for a lentil and kale soup. We didn't have too much going on today so after we did a wee bit of cleaning we took a family trip to the grocery store. I had fun hanging out with my hubby and kiddo. We also finally replaced the shower caddy thing that has been sitting in our shower quietly rusting away. Ugh, gross... so yes the replacement is supposedly stainless steel and rustproof - so it better live up to it's promises!

Anywho so yes - the recipe worked out well and I'm happy to report that I will cook with it again! I was surprised that it didn't get all soft and squishy like spinach - it stayed a little chewy and was actually pretty yummy. 

I have plans to make babotie and baked beans from scratch tomorrow - so wish me luck. AND that reminds me I need to go add water to the navy beans so that they can soak over night.

Until tomorrow - Happy Sunday folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment