Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 287 - Too tired to post!

But I'll make it quick none-the-less!

Today FLEW by. I put on a pot of baked beans - which to my horror are still not soft (and yes I did soak the beans overnight)... they are slowly simmering away and will be turned off when I go to bed. They will still be warm in the am and if not 100% soft the pot will go on again. I really should just have made them in the slow cooker. Ah well I know for next time.

I also made some babotie (delicious South African meat dish - I will share the recipe at some point) as well as an upside-down fruit cake of sorts (also a South African recipe). The dessert is for thanksgiving tomorrow with my side of the family.

We had a lovely dinner this evening with Dadoos, Mandada, one of my hubby's uncles and his grandfather. We had a blast. Delicious food and fabulous company.

This is turning into quite the awesome Thanksgiving weekend!

Stay tuned for Thankfulness tomorrow (well technically today, just a few hours later). Sweet dreams all, Happy Thanksgiving Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment