Monday, October 22, 2012

Day 302 - Christmas is in the air?

Am I the only one who gets a little traumatized when witnessing Christmas decorations EVERYWHERE before Halloween has even come and gone? I could be, I mean I'm pretty easy to traumatize... well ok not really but silly things can and do irk me to proportions quite easily approaching traumatize-ation!

It just seems that as soon as September hits there's this mad dash to wind up the rest of the year.. Let's cram in Thanksgiving, Halloween, Christmas, and round it all off with New Years Eve. Whew - I'm exhausted just thinking about the next couple of months. I know it will be a blast, it always is - I just sometimes wish it didn't have to feel so crazy. I guess that is what happens when you trade in your "child-like wonder" for "adult responsibilities" - for some reason the world hits fast-forward and you better hang on for dear life. My birthday fits in there amongst the insanity of the year end, as does my dad's and I would like to slow down and enjoy both of those too!!

My goal (wish me luck) for the next couple of months is to take things a little easier - you know - not sweating the small stuff, or the big stuff. Life is going to unwind as it will and what's the point in worrying about things before they happen or just overreacting in general. It seems that people who are less highly strung have an easier time of it but here's to working and improving on an area I know I don't exactly earn gold in. Wish me luck and relaxation!

Happy relaxing people and happy Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment