Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 49 - Spicy beef burgers!

Okey dokey so as promised here is a recipe for Spicy beef burger patties. I apologize that it isn't in exact measurements but this is how I tend to cook. I am never too coherent when people ask for my recipes.... not because I don't want to share but because I usually have only a vague idea of EXACTLY what went into the meal. Generally baking is better than cooking though if you're going to ask for a recipe from me :D.

I tend to cook by taste and guestimation. I guestimate and if it doesn't taste right I'll tweak things. So here are the things you need to make the patties. You simply mix everything together, shape into patties and fry, or grill them in, or on top of the oven - or if it's not freezing out there you can attempt to BBQ! I did mine in the oven for 30minutes at 350 degrees - I poured off the liquid that cooked off twice and then grilled them for approximately 5 minutes in the oven. They turned out super yummy - if I do say so myself!

Ingredients to mix together:
Ground beef (aprox :1250g)
Finely chopped onion (2)
Cilantro finely chopped (handful)
Mint finely chopped (less than the cilantro)
Green Chilli's (3 jalapeno worked well)
salt and pepper to taste
red chili powder  (1/2 tsp)
coriander powder (1 tsp)
Shan Masala - seek kabob spice (I used the whole box)
lemon juice (aprox 45ml)
1 egg

Anywho I'm going to call it a night. The little Diva only got to bed at 9:45pm. I took her for the second half of her flu shot today and she only ended up napping at 4pm... so it was a super long day with a super messed up schedule. I'm hoping tomorrow goes better. I'm super excited - one of my cousins from South Africa is visiting! If the Little Diva is up early enough and is cheery enough we plan to pop in to Granny's to have breakfast with her and my cuz!

2 comments:

  1. Looks delish!!

    I am a sucker for anything spicy, so this is going to be perfect for dinner tomorrow. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome - I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

    ReplyDelete