Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day Freaking 50!!! - Chocolate Chip cookies!

CAN ya'all freaking believe it?!

I have officially blogged every day for 50 days in a row. YAY me!!

The little Diva and I had a lovely morning hanging out with my mom and my cousin. The Little Diva was at first pretty weary of the new person at Granny's house - but she soon came around. I'm pretty confident that they will be GREAT friends by the next time we get together.

Ok so I'm pretty close to my midnight deadline and I'd HATE for day 50 to be the one where I don't get my post out so lets get on with the recipe. I'm going to share the chocolate chip recipe I made for the Hubby's birthday. Here is the recipe I tried.

The only changes I made was to omit the walnuts altogether and instead of 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips I used two cups of assorted chips. Semi-sweet, dark and white.

Hope you make and enjoy them - and here is the text version:

Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons hot water
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
  3. Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.


No comments:

Post a Comment