Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 63- Rice Pudding!

So today was a pretty low key day. The little Diva is still not 100% but at least there was no throwing up today. She is pretty cranky but I'm hoping that she will have her appetite back tomorrow. She ate a few crackers, some banana and drank a fair amount of pedialyte and 2% milk so all in all it was a good day. We spent our time watching tv - reading books and generally trying not to get too high energy. I did a tonne of laundry today and am hopeful that I have cleaned every barfy item!

Dadoos and Dadda came over for supper and we ate Chinese food. After getting to sleep after 2am last night neither the hubby nor I was in a "preparing food" mood and so we ordered in. There was a bit of miscommunication - and I ended up making a pot of plain rice for the little Diva. The supper came with plain rice in addition to the chicken friend rice we ordered and I now have a HUMONGOUS amount of rice. Unless we eat rice as the main part of every meal for the next week we are not going to be able to eat this all. Yes I am taking rice for breakfast.

Before you think I'm complaining - rest assured I am not! There is no better excuse to make rice pudding than too much rice :D I remember as a kid hoping that my mom had made too much rice and had enough leftovers to make this. I need to pick up eggs in the morning and then I will be baking up a batch of this. I'm thinking I'm going to need to double the recipe though. Enjoy :)

Ingredients:
3 Cups of Rice
2 Cups of Milk
1 tablespoon butter (15ml)
1 Cup of Sugar
1 tablespoon syrup (15ml)
6 eggs
2 tsp baking powder (10ml)

To Do:
Place milk, rice, butter and syrup in a pot. Warm until butter is completely melted. Beat sugar and eggs lightly together. Mix everything together. Pour into greased Pyrex dish. Bake in 320 degree oven for 60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment