Friday, February 10, 2012

Day 46 - BEST chocolate icing EVER!!

Okey smokey so I did promise you a recipe for frosting aka icing today. I don't have much time to blog up a storm this evening and I'm sure tomorrow will be worse - the hubby's birthday is tomorrow and we're having a family get together on Sunday so I'm going to be busy cleaning and baking tomorrow! I will have a bunch of fun new recipes to share for sure so hang in there :)

Ingredients for icing:

1 cup (8 ounces) room temperature unsalted butter
2½ cups icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, melted and left to cool cooled

To do:
Whip this all together in a mixer until light and fluffy. If you need to put this in the fridge - let it come to room temperature before beating again and them using. I used half milk chocolate and half dark chocolate chips. This icing is AMAZING!

Happy baking everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment