Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 44 - Carrot and Pineapple Muffins!

Okey dokey so I made muffins yesterday. I had leftover pineapple that needed to be used and so I decided to whip up a batch of Carrot and pineapple muffins. The only thing I did differently to the recipe was that I used chucks instead of crushed pineapple and I added a half cup of the pineapple juice to the recipe.

My muffins turns out light and fluffy - they collapsed slightly on top they were so light. If you've ever had pineapple upside down cake; these reminded me of that! Yummers! I used this recipe and would highly recommend it - I imagine they would be delicious without my changes as well.

The Little Diva loves these - she gave her daddy kiss after kiss as he let her basically steal his entire muffin! It was too cute and she was only too happy to share a second muffin with him too.

We had a busy day today and a not entirely great night of sleep last night so I'm going to say goodnight now. Hopefully we all get some sleep tonight!

As always here is the print version of the recipe if you're not into clicking links!


Ingredients

    • 1 cup sugar
    • 23; cup oil
    • 2 eggs
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla
    • 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
    • 2 teaspoons baking powder
    • 1 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
    • ¼ teaspoon salt
    • 1 cup grated carrots
    • 1 cup drained crushed pineapple

Directions

  1. Stir together sugar and oil.
  2. Stir in the eggs until well combined.
  3. Stir in vanilla.
  4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
  5. Stir into sugar mixture just until combined.
  6. Stir in carrots and pineapple just until combined.
  7. Spoon into greased muffin tin, filling to top.
  8. Bake in a preheated 375F oven for 20 minutes or until done.
  9. Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes, then remove to a rack to finish cooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment