Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 59 - Sweet Potato (yams) and all kinds of yummy!

Okey dokey so before I fall asleep on my keyboard let me get this out. First of all when I say "Sweet potato's" - I really mean those orange yam things. I am NOT a fan of the white sweet potatoes. There's just something about their flavour that doesn't really sit so well with me :)

So yes - grab and orange yam and peel it. Now slice it into rounds or smaller. Lay these in a greased oven proof dish. You can let them overlap. Sprinkle these with cinnamon, ginger, honey and a blob of butter. Cover with foil and cook in a 350 degree oven until almost done - approximately 30minutes (will depend on how thick your slices were). Uncover and grill for a few minutes. Enjoy as a side with you favourite protein!

No comments:

Post a Comment