Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 60 - Baked Beans

Whew - what a day! It started out at 6:30am - apparently this is the Little Diva's new start time now! We were supposed to get a giant winter storm overnight and into this morning so I was a little concerned that the drive to Granny's was going to be a little slippery. Well the storm didn't really arrive at all and instead the little Diva and I had a lovely uneventful ride in some rain.

We spent a little time at Granny's hanging out with her,  cousin L, and Misty the cat. Once everyone was ready we went to Cora's for a lovely breakfast with sis-in-law M and her two awesome kiddies. We stopped by Chapters on the way back to Granny's and I picked up, "A Perfect Blood" by Kim Harrison. I LOVE this series!!

Another stop at Walmart and we were back at Granny's for some tea, a snack and the little Diva and I went home to daddy. I discovered that she has got over her issue with baked beans. I didn't take too many out of the pot to cool down for her because she usually "chews" on maybe 5 and spits them out. She took me by surprise when she methodically ate them one by one and demanded "MORE". Unfortunately Mommy and Daddy had eaten the rest of them and I was truly lucky that she was in the mood for some yogurt.

I am now on the look out for a GOOD slow cooker recipe for baked beans. I'm guessing they will taste better than the canned variety (which we do enjoy) so it can only be a plus.

Here's to an AMAZING weekend for everyone. Happy Cooking and Baking :)


No comments:

Post a Comment