Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 45 - Chocolate Spice Cake!

The hubby's birthday is on Saturday so I thought I'd make some cupcakes to send to work with him tomorrow. This plan worked REALLY well with providing fodder for blogging as well :D I decided to use my mom's Spice Cake recipe because it is AWESOME. I have to share what the recipe I use looks like with all of you. There it is over to the right --->

My recipe is a photocopy of the handwritten page out of one of my mom's recipe books! What I love about my copy is that is is OBVIOUSLY well used and loved! I need to get it into a plastic sleeve before I lose it all-together. At least I have a digital copy now.

I won't share a photo of the finished cupcakes tonight simply because I haven't iced them yet. The icing is a super delicious recipe I found online and I will be sharing that tomorrow. So hang in there! If you're not in the mood for cupcakes - by all means bake this recipe into a cake :) That's how it was intended!! I will type out the recipe below so it's easier to see.

Ingredients:
2 Cups Flour
2 Cups Sugar
4 Eggs
1/4 lb butter
4 tsp Baking Powder
3 tsp Mixed Spice
2 tsp Vanilla Essence
4 tbls cocoa
1 cup boiling water
pinch of salt

Cream sugar and eggs. Sieve the flour, baking powder, cocoa, spice and salt into egg mix. Fold in with a spatula. Melt the butter in 1 cup of boiling water. Add to the other ingredients and fold in gently until mixed. You can either pour this into two greased and floured cake pans or you can pour it into cupcake cups.

To bake the cake: 375 degrees for 35 minute
To bake cupcakes: 375 degrees for approximately 16minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment